Short Term Accommodation
What is Short Term Accommodation (STA)?
Short Term Accommodation offers the chance for a person with disability to enjoy a stay away from their family home, increase their independence, meet new peers and gain new skills, all while having their disability support needs met.
From time to time, you or your family member may require short term accommodation. This includes short stays in a group-based setting for respite that provides planned short term, time-limited breaks for children and people with a disability.
How We Help?
Our Short Term Accommodation (STA) enables people with a disability to experience living away from home in a supportive environment. STA provides time-limited breaks for parents and carers of people with a disability on an episodic basis, to support and maintain primary relationships. Our team supports individuals in a person-centred environment.
At Synergy Vision respite facility, our staff are committed to ensuring everyone has a positive experience by providing professional support and a ‘home away from home’. Your needs will be catered for during your stay, including activities which can be tailored to your goals.
Find safety, security and high quality care at our short stay and respite sites for you or a loved one.
We currently offer short term accommodation at our NSW site with the hope of expanding further. If you require respite services, get in touch today!
What Support Will I Receive When Staying in Short Term Accommodation?
- Complex clinical care, including peg tube feeding assistance, tracheotomy, renal
- dialysis, indwelling catheter care and cardiac management
- Behavior Intervention support
- Assisted transport
- 24/7 care from support workers
- Fresh and nutritious meals provided throughout the day, including breakfast, lunch,
dinner, morning and afternoon tea
- All needs met with round the clock personal care and support
What can I Do While Staying in Short Term Accommodation?
- To receive support in your local community rather than an aged care facility or
hospital ward, keeping you connected to their loved ones and pre-existing care
- Leisure activities you can choose to take part in, including special lunches,
concerts, cooking classes and movies
- Opportunity to learn new skills and try new hobbies
- Capacity building programs to help you feel more confident and capable at daily
- Enjoyable activities in an inclusive setting
- Safe and vibrant community where you can make new friends if you choose
- Opportunity to work towards your personal goals on your NDIS plan
- You are over the age of 18
- You are an NDIS participant with approval for Short Term Accommodation in your
- You are a person living with high complex support needs who requires short term
- Your short term needs can be met by our care team
The majority of people that access our Short Term Accommodation service are funded via the “Core Supports” component of their NDIS plan, but we also work with other funding sources.
For those accessing Short Term Accommodation through an NDIS plan, they need to make sure they identify the need for Short Term Accommodation in their planning conversations and outline what they will achieve from it. These planning conversations are a good opportunity to look at all aspects of a person’s life and how Short Term Accommodation can help them build capacity and achieve their goals.
How To Book our NDIS Short Term Accommodation?
You can call us on 1300 938 965 or email to book in to our short stay accommodation. Costs are based on current NDIS Price Guides.