Our responsibilities while providing services
Synergy Vision has a range of responsibilities in providing quality care to all our participants. The following is a detailed list of our daily programming requirements:
- Ensure safe and quality services to all our participants.
- Record Service Agreements and Service Bookings for all our participants.
- Provide a high level of quality and dignity in providing personal care.
- Communicate with carers daily regarding all ongoing programs and any changes to existing programs.
- Provide information and support to families to ensure they are aware of their rights and responsibilities, and where required, assist with sourcing independent advocacy or interpreting support.
- Maintain a process to support participants to maximise their independence and to exorcise their rights about the choice of lifestyle.
- Support individual procedures that encourage participation.
- Communicate with carers in the event of sickness or injury.
- Report any behavioural concerns daily.
- Ensure that the communication needs of participants are met.
- Promote a positive image of individuals with a disability in the community.
- Provide information to carers promptly regarding the program.
- Empower and assist our individuals in working towards their chosen goal.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Maintain a safe place of work for staff, including community venues and individuals’ homes.
Your responsibilities while accessing programs
- You are to contact us if you are unable to make any arranged meeting.
- Be polite and courteous to our staff.
- No smoking inside the building when with our team.
- Treat our team with respect and dignity.
- Do not physically, verbally or otherwise assault workers or any member of the community.
- Never engage in racial discrimination or make inappropriate sexually directed comments against our workers or other individuals.
- Let us know if you are unhappy about anything so we can assist you in resolving it.
Work Health and Safety
Our services are provided in your home, rather than coming to our offices. In addition to the above responsibilities, there are some work health and safety regulations that you must adhere to if we come to your home, as it becomes our staff’s workplace.
- No smoking inside or in the vicinity of your house while a Synergy Vision staff member is in your home.
- No violence or swearing while there is a Synergy Vision staff member present or towards any Synergy Vision employee.
- No-one must request personal phone numbers or after-hours contact with our support workers.
- All people who remain in the house must stay appropriately clothed and behave for both Synergy Vision staff members and themselves while a service is ongoing.
- Visitors should remain minimal. You must advise staff members of possible visitors before service commences.
- It is a legal requirement that our workers must wear covered footwear at all times. If you request that shoes be removed inside your home for cultural reasons, shoe covers will be provided to our employees so they may continue to remain respectful.
- There must be a working smoke detector and an electrical safety switch fitted to your house.
- You should have a fire extinguisher or fire blanket available in case of an emergency.
- There must always be a first aid kit available.
- Secure your pets away from where service is taking place. Your support worker should not need to come into contact with them at any point.
- There must be no rubbish or dangerous materials left where service is to take place, the worker can deny service if they feel that the environment is unsafe for any reason.
- There must always be adequate lighting both outside your house (front porch light to always be working) and inside your house, especially if our workers are providing service at night.
- A WHS Home Inspection is conducted at the commencement of service, during which possible issues will be identified before service can proceed. This will be reviewed every three months by your support worker.
These are a few of the most important legal requirements that you must adhere to for Synergy Vision to conduct service for you at your home. Please remember that these are legally binding and not at the discretion of Synergy Vision. If you refuse to adhere to these work health and safety requirements, we may not be able to provide in-home service to you.