The NDIS Terms of Business requires Synergy Vision and other providers to have conflict of interest policies.
As a registered provider of supports under the National Disability Insurance Scheme, Synergy Vision has responsibilities in relation to:
- Managing general conflicts of interest.
- Managing conflicts of interest in plan management and support coordination.
- Offering or receiving gifts, benefits and commissions.
Our responsibilities while providing services
Synergy Vision has a range of responsibilities in providing quality care to all our participants. The following is a detailed list of our daily programming requirements:
- Ensure safe and quality services to all our participants.
- Record Service Agreements and Service Bookings for all our participants.
- Provide a high level of quality and dignity in providing personal care.
- Communicate with carers daily regarding all ongoing programs and any changes to existing programs.
- Provide information and support to families to ensure they are aware of their rights and responsibilities, and where required, assist with sourcing independent advocacy or interpreting support.
- Maintain a process to support participants to maximise their independence and to exorcise their rights about the choice of lifestyle.
- Support individual procedures that encourage participation.
- Communicate with carers in the event of sickness or injury.
- Report any behavioural concerns daily.
- Ensure that the communication needs of participants are met.
- Promote a positive image of individuals with a disability in the community.
- Provide information to carers promptly regarding the program.
- Empower and assist our individuals in working towards their chosen goal.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Maintain a safe place of work for staff, including community venues and individuals’ homes.
Your responsibilities while accessing programs
- You are to contact us if you are unable to make any arranged meeting.
- Be polite and courteous to our staff.
- No smoking inside the building when with our team.
- Treat our team with respect and dignity.
- Do not physically, verbally or otherwise assault workers or any member of the community.
- Never engage in racial discrimination or make inappropriate sexually directed comments against our workers or other individuals.
- Let us know if you are unhappy about anything so we can assist you in resolving it.
Managing general conflicts of interest
Synergy Vision’s team members ensure this when providing support to customers under the NDIS. Any conflict of interest is declared and risks to customers are mitigated.
All employees will act in the best interests of NDIS participants and other customers. Participants will be informed, empowered and able to maximise choice and control. Staff members will not (by act or omission) constrain, influence or direct the decision-making of a person with a disability or their family. This is to avoid limiting that person’s access to information, opportunities, choices and control.
Employees will ensure that Synergy Vision proactively manages perceived and actual conflicts of interest in service delivery. Employees will manage, document and report on individual conflicts as they arise, and ensure that advice to a participant about support options (including those not delivered directly by Synergy Vision) is transparent and promotes choice and control.
As required by the NDIA Terms of Business, all participants will be “treated equally, and no participant [shall be] given preferential treatment above another in the receipt or provision of supports”. See the section below.
Managing conflicts of interest in plan management and support coordination
Members of the Coordination Team performing support coordination functions will ensure that:
- They declare to customers the potential conflict of interest of Synergy Vision, a provider of multiple services and supports.
- The organisation will act as directed by the customer and in the best interests of the customer.
- Customers will be presented with a range of providers to choose from. Staff will not seek to influence the customer to select Synergy Vision.
- Customers will be presented with options regarding support delivery in the future. This includes whether they would like to be wait-listed with other providers.
- Brief notes will be made confirming the advice given to the customer.